Sunday, March 28, 2010

Carolus Magnus: AKA Charlemagne

So some dude from the 8th century is the topic of the paper that Tanya has given to me. I think she was a bit dismayed at the lack of attention given to such a person. Most people have heard of Charlemagne, and yet the one class that we had on him, revealed so little that it frustrated Tanya and myself. So, as a result, I will be writing a paper of minimum 1500 words and to exceed no more than 6 pages. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can spit out papers fairly quick. I think the spin on this is that I'm not doing this to sort of "fake" my way through a paper for a professor who has to read anywhere from 35-140 of these things. Instead, I am doing this to help better educate not only Tanya, but myself. So I intend to make these more educationally oriented papers rather than trying to answer any particular question. For this paper, I am going to basically give an exposition of Charlemagne and give an account of his contribution to the Latin Church.

Should be fun :)

I will probably post the paper in parts, when I am finished. The due date is Easter Monday-ish or April 5th-ish. Feel free to comment as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment